Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Internet problems...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    2

    Internet problems...

    I have problem with knoppix... i can`t configure my lan internet... somebody tell me that, my realtek rtl 8139, have problems with linux? it is so and how can i configure the net. I use lan internet:
    ip: 192.168.1.31
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    gateway: 192.168.1.1
    so please help me!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Internet problems...

    Quote Originally Posted by sved
    I have problem with knoppix... i can`t configure my lan internet... somebody tell me that, my realtek rtl 8139, have problems with linux? it is so and how can i configure the net. I use lan internet:
    ip: 192.168.1.31
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    gateway: 192.168.1.1
    so please help me!
    In the knoppix menu look for netcard configuration and run it. The missing settings you need are 192.168.1.0 for network and 192.168.1.255 for broadcast. Then you will need to enter the DNS server in the last dialog that your ISP provides you with.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    2
    ok 10x a lot man

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3

    IceWM and KDE

    I swap between Windows 98 SE and Knoppix 3.3 a lot, cause I'm just learning *nix.

    Using a 3C905B-TX Nic on a 633 Celeron e-machine w/256 MB RAM

    I found if I boot to: "Knoppix desktop=icewm" first, logout/power down then boot with just "knoppix lang=us", I can get an IP address and surf teh net endlessly, but if I try to boot using KDE without the icewm step, my nic is reported as "not supported"

    As Tarzan would say, "Me not know why"

Similar Threads

  1. Internet Problems
    By Phishman in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 12:44 AM
  2. Problems with cable connection to internet
    By emilia in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 02:10 AM
  3. Internet/Router Problems
    By kaen in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
  4. Internet setup Problems
    By Kurzweil in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:27 PM
  5. Internet Problems n00b
    By Criticalmass in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

$159.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5) picture

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)

$2085.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99