-
IceWM and KDE
I swap between Windows 98 SE and Knoppix 3.3 a lot, cause I'm just learning *nix.
Using a 3C905B-TX Nic on a 633 Celeron e-machine w/256 MB RAM
I found if I boot to: "Knoppix desktop=icewm" first, logout/power down then boot with just "knoppix lang=us", I can get an IP address and surf teh net endlessly, but if I try to boot using KDE without the icewm step, my nic is reported as "not supported"
As Tarzan would say, "Me not know why"
Similar Threads
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By emilia in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By kaen in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By Kurzweil in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By Criticalmass in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch
$749.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only)
$89.99

ORIGINAL Cisco CPAK-100G-ER4L Cisco CPAK-100G-ER4L-USED Transceiver
$6995.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00