-
IceWM and KDE
I swap between Windows 98 SE and Knoppix 3.3 a lot, cause I'm just learning *nix.
Using a 3C905B-TX Nic on a 633 Celeron e-machine w/256 MB RAM
I found if I boot to: "Knoppix desktop=icewm" first, logout/power down then boot with just "knoppix lang=us", I can get an IP address and surf teh net endlessly, but if I try to boot using KDE without the icewm step, my nic is reported as "not supported"
As Tarzan would say, "Me not know why"
Similar Threads
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By emilia in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By kaen in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By Kurzweil in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By Criticalmass in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
![Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture](/store/img/g/EhEAAOSwg7ZnexmU/s-l225/Apple-Macintosh-Boot-Disk-System-1-0-8-0-400-800k-.jpg)
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85

NEW vintage Compusa Computer Desktop Pc PIII 550 100mhz 64mb Windows 98se
$595.00