Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can't find operating system during boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    10 0 11 0 0 02
    Posts
    7

    Can't find operating system during boot

    I installed LiveCD to HD. When I reboot, I receive the error
    Code:
    can't find operating system
    When I reboot from my floppy boot-disk, everything boots fine.
    How can I boot normally without having to use the emergency floppy boot-disk?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15
    I had much the same problem....I hadn't installed anything important so I just retried the HD install....worked fine.

    Sorry I don't have technical knowledge, just what worked for me.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    10 0 11 0 0 02
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for trying
    I have tried the re-install several times and get the same results

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWhom
    Thanks for trying
    I have tried the re-install several times and get the same results
    Did you allow it to put lilo in the mbr ?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    10 0 11 0 0 02
    Posts
    7
    I have done it both ways and received the same results.

Similar Threads

  1. No operating system after install... with a twist
    By Raenon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 06:40 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
  3. Boot Error, Cant find KNOPPIX file system
    By macgregor in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:03 AM
  4. Boot process, can't find KNOPPIX file system
    By riviereg in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:21 PM
  5. Missing Operating System
    By digiSal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99