I had much the same problem....I hadn't installed anything important so I just retried the HD install....worked fine.
Sorry I don't have technical knowledge, just what worked for me.
I installed LiveCD to HD. When I reboot, I receive the errorWhen I reboot from my floppy boot-disk, everything boots fine.Code:can't find operating system
How can I boot normally without having to use the emergency floppy boot-disk?
I had much the same problem....I hadn't installed anything important so I just retried the HD install....worked fine.
Sorry I don't have technical knowledge, just what worked for me.
Thanks for trying![]()
I have tried the re-install several times and get the same results![]()
Did you allow it to put lilo in the mbr ?Originally Posted by DrWhom
I have done it both ways and received the same results.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00