Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems using Knoppix with a Seagate 68 Gbyte DRive

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2

    Problems using Knoppix with a Seagate 68 Gbyte DRive

    I am using Knoppix 3.3 on a system with an 8 GByte SCSI drive that is starting to fail so I am trying to replace this drive with an 68 GByte drive. When I try to boot from the CD to do a new hard disk install it gets as far as "scanning hard disk partitions reading /etc/fstab" or something like that and reboots. I've tried partitioning the disk using fdisk and xfdisk and done low level SCSI formatting and testing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2
    I finally booted the system off the 8 Gbyte drive and ran the hard disk install on the 68 Gbyte drive, but I was unable to set up more than a 12 Gbyte partition. I'll eventually try to figure out what the problem is, but for the time being I happy to have a working system again. And if you find yourselves in a similar position, I think you should be too. And not spend the two days on it that I did. Good luck.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9
    I may be completely wrong, I'm no expert!, but your problem sounds similar to the one I just got. i.e. I upgraded to a much bigger disk than the one originally supplied with my PC. The problem was that the bios on the motherboard was unable to "see" all of the new disk. I would suggest you look at the mobo. manufacturers site and also the disk manufacturers site for their help in resolving your problem.

    BTW I fixed my problem with a new PCI controller, in addition to upgrading the bios.

    Howard

Similar Threads

  1. kinoppix 3.7 and usb pen drive problems
    By nirVaan in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 11:32 PM
  2. USB hard drive problems
    By jaciii in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 06:49 PM
  3. move Knoppix to the hard drive problems cfdisk fatal error
    By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
  4. Floppy Drive Problems
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 02:14 AM
  5. USB drive problems
    By ivi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$22.99



Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY picture

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY

$32.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New picture

Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New

$33.50



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515 picture

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515

$22.00



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$39.99



OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR picture

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR

$37.40



Genuine OEM  52Wh DXGH8 Battery For Dell XPS 13 9370 9380 7390 Series H754V NEW picture

Genuine OEM 52Wh DXGH8 Battery For Dell XPS 13 9370 9380 7390 Series H754V NEW

$32.99