Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: My BT broadband and my XBOX and my laptop

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    My BT broadband and my XBOX and my laptop

    I want to connect my XBOX to my broadband connection on my PC (XP-home), I also have a laptop, and a windows ME crappy pc I would like to connect. I do have a OLD 20 port hub available to me, not currently used

    Do I have to buy the Router BT suggest ie
    http://www.btdslshop.com/onlinegamin...sp?idProduct=8

    OR, can I buy something else (it seems quite expensive to me)

    if so can you suggest or offer a link ?

    Thanks for your time readers

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: My BT broadband and my XBOX and my laptop

    Quote Originally Posted by jarvismac
    I want to connect my XBOX to my broadband connection on my PC (XP-home), I also have a laptop, and a windows ME crappy pc I would like to connect. I do have a OLD 20 port hub available to me, not currently used

    Do I have to buy the Router BT suggest ie
    http://www.btdslshop.com/onlinegamin...sp?idProduct=8

    OR, can I buy something else (it seems quite expensive to me)

    if so can you suggest or offer a link ?

    Thanks for your time readers
    You do know this forum is for Knoppix which is a Linux operating system so probably not the best place for your question. That being said you want to start searching for internet connection sharing in windows. Then you need two net cards in the box that connects to the internet, connect a cable from the second to the hub and then you plug in the other machines into the hub and share the connection.

Similar Threads

  1. Basic XBox questions - please help
    By Kerr Avon in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 10:02 AM
  2. Xbox knoppix
    By eli_watson in forum Ideas
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 05:29 AM
  3. Knoppix To Xbox?
    By BiggJeff74 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 05:54 AM
  4. Knoppix on Xbox
    By htimstyler in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 05:32 PM
  5. Get Knoppix on modded XBOX
    By tiddler in forum Ideas
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 05:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5

Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y

$55.95