hit the menu and its close to the bottom.
when you start it hit config and set thqt up, then to right click on an exe file then scroll down intill you see the wine option
i want to install and use wine on knoppix 3.3 build 02-16-04.
i have looked aound the forums, and some topics say that it is already installed, if so how do i find it, and/or run .EXEs?
btw, i'm a complete linux noob
hit the menu and its close to the bottom.
when you start it hit config and set thqt up, then to right click on an exe file then scroll down intill you see the wine option
Open a shell and navigate to the directory with the .exe in it. Then do this. It may or may not work. If you have not configured wine, a screen will pop up and allow you to do this. You can just say yes to all of the defaults and try it out.Code:wine program_name.exe
Your best tip on gettting apps to run under wine will probably come from this site: http://frankscorner.org/
There are a lot of tips there as well as a forum there too where you can ask questions.
If the windows programs you are trying to use are installed in WinXP
you may not get them to work. Each program that I wanted to use
would not run in Knoppix unless I installed it in a Win98 system.
So far I have gotten Agent, Trillian & Sam Spade to work under wine
but I had to install them on a Win98 partition first.
Maybe something about Wine not being able to recurse and find
all the dll's in WinXP.
First, run "winesetup" then try to run the program.
I've gotten quite a few programs working with a windows xp comp. Including but not limited to, a ram restorer, trillian and winzip.
Man my typeing is getting worse and worse with each post.
here's some screens of games I got to work:
http://www.scarletrose.com/ezhomesit...man/page3.html
here's some screens of apps I got to work:
http://www.scarletrose.com/ezhomesit...man/page4.html
but that was a long time ago. . .
Arg!I can't seem to get any full screen programs working, they always lock up.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC
$1299.00
IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99