-
Hi superstoned,
That was what I thought too. I was baffled to see GRUB prompt greeting me. I THINK that I got over the initial problem I was having. I have had my hdd as the secondary master (there are no primary master or slave, my comp's interior is in a mess and ... I just got too lazy to move my hdd around) and after reading some of the postings, one of them pointed out that I could modify the lilo.conf. So I did and changed boot=/dev/hda to boot=/dev/hdc.
From then on, KNOPPIX loaded ... half way and I get some error message about bad CRC on my hdd and stops. I can't really remember the exact error message right now though. Therefore, I suspect there is something wrong with the hdd but I have been using it for some time and it works.
So, is what I did at the begining (altering the .conf file) the correct thing to do? Or would it have caused some CRC problem (??) to my hdd?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By tenlientl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 07:32 AM
-
By Neil Young & Crazy Ho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
-
By phantomshado in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:45 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99