I am glad that you managed to get the install done. I'm glad that I could help someone else. As far as it being slow I just dont know. That did not happen on my computer. The new version of 3.4 is supposed to be coming out in the next few days. Maybe you could start over with that version. I think it has a script for restarting X. The 3.4ct version did. You might be able to tweak some settings and restart X. When you do get it going be sure to check out the Klik web page. You can download programs that will work on your install. They will save to your home directory if you set one up so they will save when you reboot

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Pre Owned | IBM System x3650 M4 AC1 Server with 1x Intel CPU & 16GB RAM
$154.99
$400.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99