I am glad that you managed to get the install done. I'm glad that I could help someone else. As far as it being slow I just dont know. That did not happen on my computer. The new version of 3.4 is supposed to be coming out in the next few days. Maybe you could start over with that version. I think it has a script for restarting X. The 3.4ct version did. You might be able to tweak some settings and restart X. When you do get it going be sure to check out the Klik web page. You can download programs that will work on your install. They will save to your home directory if you set one up so they will save when you reboot

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive
$29.50
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00