-
Sendmail/Qmail and PHP?
After a fair bit of work, I got Knoppix 3.3 installed on my hard drive. I didn't chance anything about the email setup, but I can only partially send email from KMail and from the command line.
Mail sent to an address at thebishop.net goes through, mail sent to a twjb.com address fails, with the error message:
failed: router unet_hosts: DNS error: Unknown host.
My router file is untouched since I installed it:
net_addrs: driver=gethostbyaddr, transport=smtp;
check_for_local, fail_if_error
inet_hosts: driver=bind, transport=smtp; defer_no_connect, -
local_mx_okay, defnames,
gateways=uu.net:uucp:+:cunyvm.cuny.edu:bitnet
When I try to send mail from a php script, using the mail() function, it fails silently. That is what I was originally trying to do, the rest is just debugging.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Tim
Similar Threads
-
By kevin05jan in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 12:05 AM
-
By gonzalezmfrank in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By emmbec in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 08:37 PM
-
By dmitry in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 10:01 AM
-
By bopper in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only
$125.00

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +
$74.95

Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included
$67.00

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95