-
Alcatel speedtouch modem and hard disk installation
Dearest Knoppix users,
I just started using linux/Knoppix, and I managed to install my alcatel speedtouch usb modem and connect to the net following the instructions on website "http://david.abdelli.free.fr/speedtouch/en/". The problem is that I cannot make it work with my hard disk installation of Knoppix.
Can anyone help?
regards
aris
-
I am newbie as well. I might have some help about installing to hard disk. I'll let you know.
No succes configuring my usb modem speedtouch
I've tried that site as well and the configuration of my internet conection didn't work.
I have pppoE. Can be that the reason?
Cheers
-
I am also fairly new to this and have the same (or similar) problem to you. I have an Alcatel USB ADSL modem and I cannot get it to work from my HDD installed Knoppix. I have been here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=68502
Which appears to have all the info. we need, I followed the instructions and still my modem doesn't connect. The last thing the script echoes is "The modem lights will flash for 20secs" but the lights stay solidly on. I have to keep re-booting back into Windoze to re-connect to the internet to look for more help. I haven't yet figured how to get support on the above link, but I think that may be the best source for help.
Good Luck to you two, post back here if you make any progress.
Cheers "H"
Similar Threads
-
By Dreamcatcher in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 11:27 AM
-
By looney in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
-
By kiber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
-
By wfb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Apple Mac Pro (A1186, "8Core" 2007)Xeon X5365-4GB Ram 1TB HDD OS XLeopard NVIDIA
$274.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$125.96

Dell Optiplex 7070 8-Core i7-9700 3.0ghz 8GB DVDRW NO SSD Tower PC Computer
$169.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$189.99