Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Alcatel speedtouch modem and hard disk installation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Alcatel speedtouch modem and hard disk installation

    Dearest Knoppix users,
    I just started using linux/Knoppix, and I managed to install my alcatel speedtouch usb modem and connect to the net following the instructions on website "http://david.abdelli.free.fr/speedtouch/en/". The problem is that I cannot make it work with my hard disk installation of Knoppix.
    Can anyone help?
    regards
    aris

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4
    I am newbie as well. I might have some help about installing to hard disk. I'll let you know.
    No succes configuring my usb modem speedtouch
    I've tried that site as well and the configuration of my internet conection didn't work.

    I have pppoE. Can be that the reason?

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9
    I am also fairly new to this and have the same (or similar) problem to you. I have an Alcatel USB ADSL modem and I cannot get it to work from my HDD installed Knoppix. I have been here:

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=68502

    Which appears to have all the info. we need, I followed the instructions and still my modem doesn't connect. The last thing the script echoes is "The modem lights will flash for 20secs" but the lights stay solidly on. I have to keep re-booting back into Windoze to re-connect to the internet to look for more help. I haven't yet figured how to get support on the above link, but I think that may be the best source for help.

    Good Luck to you two, post back here if you make any progress.

    Cheers "H"

Similar Threads

  1. Alcatel speedtouch USB 330
    By Dreamcatcher in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 11:27 AM
  2. damn alcatel speedtouch 330
    By looney in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
  3. Complete newbie question i alcatel speedtouch usb.
    By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
  4. REMASTERING ON MY HARD DISK INSTALLATION
    By kiber in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
  5. Alcatel Speedtouch Weirdness
    By wfb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 06:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



Samsung - Galaxy Tab S12 Ultra/S11 Ultra Pro Keyboard - Silver picture

Samsung - Galaxy Tab S12 Ultra/S11 Ultra Pro Keyboard - Silver

$229.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ 5G 128GB SM-X238U Android Tablet New Sealed picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ 5G 128GB SM-X238U Android Tablet New Sealed

$150.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung Galaxy Book5 Pro 360 16in Core Ultra 7 16GB 1TB SSD Arc Gray picture

Samsung Galaxy Book5 Pro 360 16in Core Ultra 7 16GB 1TB SSD Arc Gray

$1500.00



OEM 10.9

OEM 10.9" LCD Touch Digitizer Screen For Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE X510/X516/X518

$49.99