-
I am also fairly new to this and have the same (or similar) problem to you. I have an Alcatel USB ADSL modem and I cannot get it to work from my HDD installed Knoppix. I have been here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=68502
Which appears to have all the info. we need, I followed the instructions and still my modem doesn't connect. The last thing the script echoes is "The modem lights will flash for 20secs" but the lights stay solidly on. I have to keep re-booting back into Windoze to re-connect to the internet to look for more help. I haven't yet figured how to get support on the above link, but I think that may be the best source for help.
Good Luck to you two, post back here if you make any progress.
Cheers "H"
Similar Threads
-
By Dreamcatcher in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 11:27 AM
-
By looney in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By wisbeech in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
-
By kiber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
-
By wfb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

HP Z840 44 Core Workstation 2x Xeon E5-2699 v4 - No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$594.97

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99