I have successfully got knoppix installed on my hard disc.
I now have a few questions.
In what file do I add 'mysqld' to get it to automatically
run each time I boot.
How do I get my 'UK' keyboard to work, eg @ and " not reversed.
I have a USB Modem Diamond Supra Max 56k Model SUP2920. The USBview sees its existence and I believe it is /dev/usb/ttyACM0 or
/dev/usb/ttyUSB0 - I do not know the difference.
When I try to get at modem with kppp although ACM0 is listed it will
not query it saying not found.
Remembering vague ideas from my xenix days, I tried
cat afile >/dev/usb/ttyACM0 and ttyUSB0 - No such device.
A less serious question, how do i switch window managers, I would
like to see what gnome looked like, or try one of the less resource
hungry ones, as my ultimate aim is to set up a simple web server
with a slightly graphic interface for management.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Tim Clarkson
00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1a) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
I/O ports at e400 [size=32]
Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 1a) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
I/O ports at e800 [size=32]
Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21