The default situation after a hd install won't allow you to sudo though so you probably should do:Code:sudo hdparm /dev/hda
Code:su hdparm /dev/hda
1st, I have a HD install of Knoppix
I noticed on bootup it said something about PIO mode 33 use DMA=xx or something like that. . .
I just wondered id anyone knew how to check my hardrive's DMA modes. . .
Thanx
The default situation after a hd install won't allow you to sudo though so you probably should do:Code:sudo hdparm /dev/hda
Code:su hdparm /dev/hda
thanx for the quick reply
they both worked and DMA says it's on
I don;t see anything about the access mode :(
So how can I know if DMA is on?Code:root@Knoppix:/home/christopher# hdparm /dev/sda /dev/sda: readonly = 0 (off) geometry = 39083/64/32, sectors = 80043264, start = 0
SCSI drives do not need DMA enabled the controller it connects through takes care of the speed of the connection.Originally Posted by c123
Thought this might be the case after posting; thanks for the confirmation.

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco 6500 WS-X6148A-GE-45AF 48-Port 10/100/1000 RJ-45 802.3af PoE Card Module.
$80.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99