I am intrested in this also,
Any one?
I'm interested in creating a configuration to boot knoppix from
a USB Memory Stick. Before I go out and spend some hardcash can anyone advise a good stick to purchase or is the type of stick not an issue?
Ideally I'm looking for quite a large amount of storage.
Many thanks
I am intrested in this also,
Any one?
How fast will Linux run from a USB stick, assuming ur not using the "toram" cheatcode.
You could use miniknoppix (210mb) and a 256mb stick, miniknoppix has kde too, the only differences i care about are mozilla and openoffice.
After a quick search, doesnt seem too many people are having problems with the actual memory stick, its either the actual usb port or booting from it.
Anyone recommend a good 512mb or 256mb stick (or have one that doesnt work)?

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair ISMAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair ISMAI S-100 Systems
$295.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
$675.00
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Systems Z80 Wall Clock
$395.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00