-
Senior Member
registered user
I want to install KNOPPIX on an NTFS drive---help!
Hel;lo...I have a new HDD that was given to me. It had WINXP on it. I formatted that drive and now it is clean. Except its still NTFS!!!! I tried to do a 'KNX-hddinstall' from the KNOPPIX CD but i got a little way thru it and it kept coming up saying "No swap partition found, select another drive". I have 2 HDD's in the computer. The other HDD is a regular WINXP drive. So How Can i install KNOPPIX to this NTFS drive? I have a COMPAQ laptop that had WIN98 on it. KNOPPIX installed on that computer perfectly. But I am still not too sure about the menu screen that comes up with the options, similar to DOS's "FDISK"....maybe I did something wrong. I let knoppix cd boot entirely, bring up a root console and type in "knx-hdinstall" and I get partially thru till i get to the part that asks if I want to "use the current swap partition" or something like that. Please HELP!!!! BOB
Similar Threads
-
By tunasashimi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 03:33 AM
-
By itaydagani in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 09-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00