After a fair bit of work, I got Knoppix 3.3 installed on my hard drive. I didn't chance anything about the email setup, but I can only partially send email from KMail and from the command line.
Mail sent to an address at thebishop.net goes through, mail sent to a twjb.com address fails, with the error message:
My router file is untouched since I installed it:failed: router unet_hosts: DNS error: Unknown host.
When I try to send mail from a php script, using the mail() function, it fails silently. That is what I was originally trying to do, the rest is just debugging.net_addrs: driver=gethostbyaddr, transport=smtp;
check_for_local, fail_if_error
inet_hosts: driver=bind, transport=smtp; defer_no_connect, -
local_mx_okay, defnames,
gateways=uu.net:uucp:+:cunyvm.cuny.edu:bitnet
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99