-
HD install, network connectivity and su issues
I have installed Knoppix to my hard drive. Two issues that I need help with.
One: I cannot reach the internet. It has something to do with my sis900 NIC. Altho it is detected and is 'active' and I have set it auto DHCP, I cannot get past my router. (This is a dual boot machine with Win2K.) Any suggestions?
Second issue: how do I su to root while using the Kutilities. I would like to reconfigure Lilo, to auto boot into Win2k, but I am denied permission. THat is, when I am asked for the administator's password, which I set up during the HD install, it is rejected consequently editing /etc/lilo.conf is not allowed.
Thanks,
twoflatfish
Similar Threads
-
By ANDREW03 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:22 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 21
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89