-
Senior Member
registered user
I did finally succeed in establishing/maintaining a connection out of X, by using Kano's my-pppconfig script (which has to be run as root). I was in essence, on the net as root -
gulp - but it will only be this one time I hope. PPPconfig has never worked on any of my Knoppix HDinstalls (therefore no pon) for whatever reason it is on "hold" in pkgs and I am unable to ignore the hold - have googled about that one and haven't found anything.
Anyway, kano's nvidia script ran, I got my glxgears going vrooom and Tuxracer
Do have issues further to the nvidia install. Will make a new post.
And thanks for the tip about synaptic to get the headers. I tried kano's script to fetch the headers but it complains it cannot find the file. But I really love my knoppix and am looking forward to 3.4
Similar Threads
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 12:32 PM
-
By myztik19 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 12:48 PM
-
By Slay3r in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 10:39 AM
-
By Gozar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By ool in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00