-
I forgot to mention that to delete /mnt/floppy I had to type the command "rm -f /mnt/floppy" quickly, or the system hung for a couple minutes while typing the command (something to do with the command completion, I think). I also had to use the -f switch, because otherwise the system hung for a couple minutes while asking for confirmation.
-
Sounds like an issue I had with a laptop install of Kanotix a while back. Here's the fix Kano gave me (which always works for me)...
Disable the automounter:
Code:
/etc/init.d/autofs stop
And to remove it from starting automatically:
Code:
update-rc.d -f autofs remove
-
Junior Member
registered user
thanks, that worked!
Hi -
The last two solutions (deleting the "floppy" file, and disabling the automounter) seemed to work for me. So I went with the deletion, since permanently disabling the automounter just doesn't sound like a good idea.
Thanks so much for all your help,
V.
-
Senior Member
registered user
But how to proceed if using a livecd ?
I have the same problem using a livecd on a dell cpi,cpt latitude laptop.
When browsing graphically in KDE the automounter does it's job and goes trough all mnt list .
Can I delete the /mnt/floppy from a read-only system ?
Similar Threads
-
By Namisar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 05:53 AM
-
By admgamer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 01:24 AM
-
By yhw22 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
-
By nitropowered in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:20 PM
-
By ls_linux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 01:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

LOT OF 34 DDR4 8GB 2400T Mixed Brand Desktop Ram Lot
$1025.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

SK Hynix 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 RDIMM Server memory
$250.00

8GB DDR4 2400MHz Desktop RAM Unbuffered 288-Pin PC4-19200 Upgrade
$145.99

8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop RAM Unbuffered 288-Pin PC4-21300 Upgrade
$145.99