You burnt it wrong, pure and simple. For instructions, go here (for example):
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
I must be missing something. I downloaded the Knoppix iso, burned it to a CD and all I seem to have is a single, massive iso file that won't boot. According to the Knoppix site this is supposed to be a bootable disk but it does nothing.
The BIO's are fine. I can boot from my Mandrake CD (and others) with no problem.
winger
You burnt it wrong, pure and simple. For instructions, go here (for example):
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
you want to burn a image file not a data disk.
see your burning software docs on how to do it.
Thanks guys. Once I burned it in the correct format it booted with no problem.
winger

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00