You burnt it wrong, pure and simple. For instructions, go here (for example):
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
I must be missing something. I downloaded the Knoppix iso, burned it to a CD and all I seem to have is a single, massive iso file that won't boot. According to the Knoppix site this is supposed to be a bootable disk but it does nothing.
The BIO's are fine. I can boot from my Mandrake CD (and others) with no problem.
winger
You burnt it wrong, pure and simple. For instructions, go here (for example):
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
you want to burn a image file not a data disk.
see your burning software docs on how to do it.
Thanks guys. Once I burned it in the correct format it booted with no problem.
winger

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00