See this for background.
I still cannot get the sound to work on this notebook. The sound is indentified thusly in dmesg:Nothing else is using interrupt 10 either. When I boot not even the system bell works. If I boot with the nosound cheatcode the system bell works until I modprobe trident for sound. Any ideas of how to try and resolve this? I'm stuck booting off CD for a few days until my new hard drive comes. In the meantime I could really use sound.Code:Trident 4DWave/SiS 7018/ALi 5451,Tvia CyberPro 5050 PCI Audio, version 0.14.10h, 20:49:30 Oct 3 2003 trident: SiS 7018 PCI Audio found at IO 0xdc00, IRQ 10
Once again here is the relevant output of lspci -vv:
Here are the modules lsmod shows listed:Code:00:01.4 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS PCI Au dio Accelerator (rev 02) Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901 Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Step ping- SERR- FastB2B- Status: Cap+ 66Mhz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort - <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- Latency: 32 (500ns min, 6000ns max) Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 10 Region 0: I/O ports at dc00 [size=256] Region 1: Memory at dfff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K] Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2 Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2+,D3ho t+,D3cold+) Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
The sound works fine ordinarily so it is not bad hardware either.Code:Module Size Used by Not tainted ext3 64132 1 (autoclean) jbd 46292 1 (autoclean) [ext3] trident 29236 0 ac97_codec 11916 0 [trident] pcigame 1448 0 [trident] gameport 1388 0 [pcigame] soundcore 3428 3 (autoclean) [trident] autofs4 8756 1 (autoclean) af_packet 13448 0 (autoclean) agpgart 38296 0 (unused) 8139too 17096 1 mii 2256 0 [8139too] crc32 2832 0 [8139too] serial 52004 0 (autoclean) usb-ohci 18184 0 (unused) usbcore 57472 1 [usb-ohci] apm 9768 2 rtc 6940 0 (autoclean) cloop 9092 2

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
HP 5060-8359 8K solid state semiconducter memory HP 2100/1000 Vintage 1974
$135.36
Vintage Compaq RT235BTW Beige PS/2 Keyboard 247430-001 Erase-Eaze Split Spacebar
$71.24
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00