-
Junior Member
registered user
Help: Getting 3d Acc on recent ATI card
Could someone who had success installing the current ATI video drivers help.
I've downloaded the recent drivers and used alien to install them, but need help to go from there.
I read on rage3d's how to step 11,
http://www.rage3d.com/content/articl...Linux_ATI.html
I need
fglrx-driver.rpm
where is that found?
Also, Im using Knoppix 3.4 c't, what kernal does it use, do I need the sources?
Any help, walking though the install would be great....
-
Junior Member
registered user
Here's the error I receive:
root@Knoppix34ct:/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod# ./make.sh
ATI module generator V 2.0
==========================
initializing...
Error:
XFree86 drm includes at /lib/modules/2.4.23-xfs/build/include/../drivers/char/drm do not fit this driver.
This driver is designed to only work with X4.1.0 or higher.
You can match this by getting Linux kernel 2.4.8 or higher.
-
Haven't tried, but there's a script here:
http://kano.mipooh.net/
-
Junior Member
registered user
After trying for the last 2 days to follow 3 pages of instructions, I took your advice and ran Kano's script... 3d working perfect now!
Thanks for the tip and thanks to Kano for the excellent script!
Similar Threads
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By andrei in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:26 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 11:56 AM
-
By totothehero in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

GVP 68030 33MHz Accelerator Amiga 2000 68882 4MB TESTED Manuals Software
$300.00

Vintage Commodore AMIGA 1000 Computer, Turns On, Read
$699.95

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

AMIGA Commodore A1200
$999.99

Commodore Amiga 500 Ram Expansion 512KB + Switch - Fast USA Seller
$24.99

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00