-
Senior Member
registered user
firebyrd10: I'm confused, you say that VNC locks up on full-screen apps but is fine for everything else. I thought VNC was intended for such apps! What do you mean by everything else?
ktheking: You say that ever since the latest KNOPPIX release, VNC rocks! Does that mean that earlier releases had bugs in VNC? I've been using a 2003.1119 debian hdinstall ever since that ISO came out with no need to upgrade until perhaps now. Do you recommend that I upgrade to the latest ISO?
c123: OK, so what I'm using is a KDE version of VNC, not true VNC? You recommend I try the Debian TightVNC binaries. Can I install this with apt-get? Also, do I understand you correctly: TightVNC makes it easy to set the timeout and the password? What if I want to take control of a student's desktop remotely (from mine), can I do this without his/her permission maybe as root?
Thanx for all your input gentlemen, this is sounding more and more promising all the time!
TIA,
AJG
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99