-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm using VNC already 4 years. (under windoze).
But now with the latest knoppix releases it really rocks.
VNC can now be installed as a service on MS pc's.
This means from within the company a remote connection system hosted by RSA-server is in place ,to perform safe connection.
On top of that is a VPN tunneling in place based on CISCO.
Well, from my knoppix anywhere on the net I can do a connection trough my router at home (using IPSEC for VPN) using the VPN cisco client present on the knoppix cd . And connect then with VNC to my MS desktop in order to work.
So on the job I can have a powerfull pc for running all sorts of apps.
And at home I take on old pentium without harddisk and so on (just enough to run knoppix KDE).
And voila,
For a cheap price I got teleworking at home running apps at a good speed.
Damn .. it reminds me more and more of terminal-server enviroments like in the old days
...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco UCS-ML-X64G4T-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0EM000938135908A4
$1495.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco UCS-ML-Y64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0RB900093151D7AA3
$1495.00

Cisco UCS-ML-Y64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0R8000009151D9D11
$1495.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco UCS-ML-X64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0R8000009151D7AA1
$1495.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00