-
Senior Member
registered user
when I had it working with the version you have installed, I had a mixed network (one knoppix and one windows machine). Never tried it with two knoppix machines (would like to, but I doubt I'll get the time).
an alternative to KDE Desktop Sharing is to use the latest beta of RealVNC 4.0 which has the capability of sharing a desktop. To do this though, you would need to install it on every machine... I've no idea how you auto-update 15-30 Debian desptops at a time :( (a case of building your own .deb and getting your students to install the package in class?)
Once installed, you would set up the VNC server with a passowrd, and then (I imagine) write a script so that VNC is started each time X is started (such scripts can be found googling). You would need to find a way to stop your students from killing VNC (saying that I don't know if they would be able to kill VNC without killing X at the same time...).
I'd like to help you out more, but I don't have that much time and I'm too inexeperienced I'm afraid. What I would suggest though is subscribing to the RealVNC mailing list (I get the digest), and checking out the archives. Haven't been able to read the digests for a while now, but I remember VNC class-room questions popping up quite regularly.
If I see anything/try anything, I'll post here and/or PM you.
Have fun!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU W/ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Motherboard
$525.00

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

Gigabyte Z890 Aorus Master LGA 1851 DDR5
$259.99

GIGABYTE X870E AORUS ELITE X3D Motherboard New
$369.00