-
W2K/Knoppix newby question
Total Knoppix newby here.
I'm running W2K on a Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop. I booted into Knoppix, then created and compiled a small c++ file.
I logged out of Knonpix and booted back into W2K. I can't see the c++ files. Is there a way to see the files that I created under Knoppix from W2K?
John Mc
-
Junior Member
registered user
If you are running KNOPPIX off the CD.
The HD is mounted but as read only.
If you right click on the HD on your desktop you can change it to read write.
If your HD is formatted as FAT16 or 32 you can write to it. If it is NTFS you can still write to it but it might mess up your HD (I am not sure about this so if anyone knows for sure your help would be grate.)
I would suggest storing it to floppy.
Later
Ben
-
Senior Member
registered user
W2K/Knoppix newby question
Neb00 is right. If the partition is NTFS, DON'T try writing to it. NTFS does not have good support under linux. You may well end up with problems if you try writing to it. You can probably read from it fine. Save the file to a floppy, cd, e-mail, ftp...whatever
-
Re: W2K/Knoppix newby
Thanks for your patients. I really appreciate the excellent replys.
John Mc
Similar Threads
-
By Shopro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By himagain in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By boris90210 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 08:50 AM
-
By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95