1st, I have a HD install of Knoppix
I noticed on bootup it said something about PIO mode 33 use DMA=xx or something like that. . .
I just wondered id anyone knew how to check my hardrive's DMA modes. . .
Thanx
1st, I have a HD install of Knoppix
I noticed on bootup it said something about PIO mode 33 use DMA=xx or something like that. . .
I just wondered id anyone knew how to check my hardrive's DMA modes. . .
Thanx
The default situation after a hd install won't allow you to sudo though so you probably should do:Code:sudo hdparm /dev/hda
Code:su hdparm /dev/hda
thanx for the quick reply
they both worked and DMA says it's on
I don;t see anything about the access mode :(
So how can I know if DMA is on?Code:root@Knoppix:/home/christopher# hdparm /dev/sda /dev/sda: readonly = 0 (off) geometry = 39083/64/32, sectors = 80043264, start = 0
SCSI drives do not need DMA enabled the controller it connects through takes care of the speed of the connection.Originally Posted by c123
Thought this might be the case after posting; thanks for the confirmation.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
A-Tech 64GB 2x 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-19200R DDR4 2400MHz ECC REG RDIMM Server Memory RAM
$389.99
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
6x Kingston KSM24SES8/8ME 8GB ECC + 3x DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM Lot
$222.00
Wintec 32GB (2 X 16GB) & 64GB (4 X 16GB) DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600R Reg ECC
$89.99