Do you have at least 1GB RAM. ie., 256MB physical memory + 768MB swap?
I´m trying to do my own remastering cd but i´m having the same stupid problem all the time.
Everything works fine until i get to the part where i try to make the iso image.
I follow all the steps described int the RemasteringHowTo doc and
when i do....
code:
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
.... I always get KILLED, at some part of the process.
What am i doing wrong? what´s the possible cause for this...
Anyone got an idea....
tanks....
Do you have at least 1GB RAM. ie., 256MB physical memory + 768MB swap?
no, i don´t, because i´m not using my own pc, i´m doing it at school.
Could that be the cause?
Yes, you need a lot of space for that.Originally Posted by acaro
If ya look in the official instructions it tells ya how to make a swapfile - i only have 512MB RAM - the same problem occured when i forgot to set the swapfile as a swap partion
if ya do this wenever you go to make the image it will work fine all the way through
so use a swapfile instead of a swap partition
I am having a similar issue. My PC has 192MB RAM and I created a 2GB swap file, not a swap partition and the mkisofs is being KILLED at 34% of completion. What do I need to do to get this working?
Thanks.
Make sure all of your swap/ram/memory is active:
/bin/free -m
- Ambrose

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00