You burnt it wrong, pure and simple. For instructions, go here (for example):
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
I must be missing something. I downloaded the Knoppix iso, burned it to a CD and all I seem to have is a single, massive iso file that won't boot. According to the Knoppix site this is supposed to be a bootable disk but it does nothing.
The BIO's are fine. I can boot from my Mandrake CD (and others) with no problem.
winger
You burnt it wrong, pure and simple. For instructions, go here (for example):
http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html
you want to burn a image file not a data disk.
see your burning software docs on how to do it.
Thanks guys. Once I burned it in the correct format it booted with no problem.
winger

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62