-
Sound Issues
When using OSS in KDE, I get sounds from KDE, but not from XMMS using the OSS plugin. I get the usual error message about the device being busy or in use by another program. When switching KDE to use ALSA, I get an error message about /dev/dsp not being found and using the /dev/null device as output, yet XMMS using the ALSA plugin works.
Unless I'm a complete an total idiot, it should be possible to use multiple programs within the same sound server, yet I have no idea what's going wrong.
I don't think it is a driver problem. I assumed if it were, I would get no sound. I'm not sure where else to go with this one and all of the info I've found online has been a bitch sketchy at best.
My soundcard is onboard Intel i810 (AC97ish...if I know what I'm talking about). Again, the appropriate kernel module is loaded at start up as far as I can tell.
Similar Threads
-
By frank34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By transami in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 10:50 PM
-
By Onetrack in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 04:36 AM
-
By XerithsLover in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:36 PM
-
By Only1KW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT801 Answering Machine VoIP Home Phone Adapter Ethernet Black
$29.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99