By changing permissions do you mean you edited the /etc/fstab file and changed the line /dev/hda1 to /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat rw,auto,user,exec 0 0 and re-started the computer if you did this then you should be able to have read-write permission.
Hey guys...
I can't seem to write or save files to my Fat32 harddrive. I've changed the permissions to allow me to do everything but I still doesn't work. Any insights to my problem?
Btw, I'm using KnoppixKDE
By changing permissions do you mean you edited the /etc/fstab file and changed the line /dev/hda1 to /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat rw,auto,user,exec 0 0 and re-started the computer if you did this then you should be able to have read-write permission.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD
$53.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49
GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7
$69.59
MSI Z390M Mortar LGA1151 Intel Z390 DDR4 Dual M.2 USB3.1 MATX Motherboard
$94.99