Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Toshiba Satellite 335CDS

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Toshiba Satellite 335CDS

    I have an older laptop, 260mhz 78mb RAM. I know that it can be capable of running just the text mode. There is a problem that I've been having after I have installed to the HDD. I have a USB hub hooked into the available USB port, which provides 4 more, then that is hooked to my cable modem for internet access. When I have this plugged in, I enter knoppix 2 mode, it detects 640x480 which is good. But, when it errors out about the USB device, it completely ruins being able to see the command line properly because for some reason it places the errors infront of the autoconfiguring devices, messing up the len view for the cmd prompt. Is there a way to get around that? It even happens when I am at cmd prompt, everything is visible, then I plug it back in.. Argh..

    The error is:

    insmod: insmod: a module named acm already exists
    insmod: insmod: insmod/lib/modules/2.4.21-xfs/kernel/drivers/usb/acm.o failed
    insmod: insmod: insmod acm failed



    The HDD install is settings itself to 1024x768 which is way to much for this monitor. How would I be able to make it autodetect the monitor and everything else, like it does when you boot from the CD? Because when I boot from the CD, it picks up the correct mode just fine. I have tried things like screen=640x480 and fbset etc. none of them have worked.

    BTW, if you recommend a different version of linux/unix for this laptop, by all means tell me.. Thanks..


    NM.. it always screws up on the display..

  2. #2

    Also screen problems

    I am also using an old Toshiba laptop ( Tecra 510 CDT) with 32mb ram. Despite the shortage of RAM I can use the full GUI (with a swap file).

    I need to boot from a floppy ... that works. It's a bit slow but that's ok. I'm not in a hurry.

    The screen resolution is bad though. I can't seem to find a control panel (like in Windows) for adjusting it.

Similar Threads

  1. toshiba satellite touchpad not functional
    By techrush in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:22 AM
  2. toshiba satellite a45-s151 wireless
    By kzinti in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 06:08 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 02:32 AM
  4. Hibernation on Toshiba Satellite
    By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
  5. Toshiba Satellite 1805 modem
    By nightcrawler in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99