No.
I have an old backpack that still works great for burning cds, but booting to a parallel port device is something I've never seen before.
I haven't tried this yet, but any chance of getting Knoppix to boot (out of the box, no mods) to a parallel port version of of an old 8X BackPack external cd-rw drive?
I'm fairly certain the answer to this is "no"or "why didn't you try it before posting"
but I thought I'd give it a shot here first.
No.
I have an old backpack that still works great for burning cds, but booting to a parallel port device is something I've never seen before.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot
$1082.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99