-
Senior Member
registered user
Crikey! A lot of questions! I'm not very experienced on Linux, but I'll try and answer the bits that I'm fairly sure of, maybe someone elsa can come back with the rest of the answers, or correct me if I'm wrong.
First off, make sure your other stuff is backed up (or saved somewhere), this is just because if your not used to linux volume names/partitions it easy to get confused, but that apart:-
a). You need a swap partition, this is usually twice the size of the RAM your PC has. Everything else can be installed on the rest. This is the 'easy' setup.
b). It's knoppix-install for current versions of knoppix
c). The guide is at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo
d). When you install, I think you get an option to use LILO (LInux LOader) this replaces the normal windows mbr - but check this one!!!! I'm not sure with two physical drives.
e). LILO is what I have (and W98SE on the other partition) GRUB I have no experience of.
f). Debian is hard/impossible!
By the way, when you do install knoppix plug in everything you want to use as the installer installs everything that knoppix autodetects. If it aint plugged in, your have to install it manually afterwards!
Stu.....
Similar Threads
-
By Jakykong in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 05:25 PM
-
By adotl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By pelican in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By joekm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 05:40 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95