-
Ok. The two drives will not work together, if I have them both attached Win2K will only boot in safe mode, and trying to load Knoppix from CD will not work either (just hangs after detecting devices). If I unplug the Linux drive, Win2K runs same as ever; if I unplug the Windows drive then Knoppix loads from CD no problem.
So I have one hard drive attached as primary master with Linux on it, and I booted up the Knoppix CD.
I then tried what you advised and 1..3 work fine, but when I fire up vi (or vim for that matter) I keep getting nothing but '??????' and similar in places where I presume there should be some text telling me something, on load-up I get '[O] ???? (E) ????? (R) ????? (Q) ????? (D) ?????' (not sure if that's the exact amount of question marks), I chose 'O' presuming it to be 'Open'; after editing the line from '/dev/hdb2' to 'boot=hda' (there's only one drive attached atm) and typing ':wq!' I get the line 'E138 ??????? viminfo ???? home/knoppix/.viminfo!' and a '?????? ENTER ???????', I press Enter and it drops me back to the console.
I then type 'lilo' and I get 'fatal: raid_setup: stat("hda")', should there be a '/' before 'hda' i.e. 'boot=/hda'? I gave this a go and I get the same error from lilo, but "/hda" instead of "hda".
I'd be tearing my hair out if I had any lol
Thanks for helping me out here. I think I may have to introduce some parts to Mr Hammer soon, and teach them some co-operation
Similar Threads
-
By Jakykong in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 05:25 PM
-
By adotl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By pelican in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By joekm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 05:40 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99