Do you have an on board sound card in addition to another sound card? If so, try disabling the on board card in your bios. I've heard this works for people who have this setup.
Finally after deinstalling all kde stuff by hand and installing KDE 3.1, it seemed to work. But there is still one problem left: the kde sound does not work. I have arts installed, my sound does work in generall (e.g. with xmms). In kcontrol the test button for the arts sound server is always disabled and I have no KDE sounds at all. Any hints what could be missing? All package dependencies are ok.
Best regards,
Chrisitian
Do you have an on board sound card in addition to another sound card? If so, try disabling the on board card in your bios. I've heard this works for people who have this setup.
Go to the Control Center select the Sound & Multimedia option then Sound System check the box in the aRTs tab and change it to start aRTs sound server on KDE startup that should work it is turned off by default.
I tried to launch the arts daemon from the command and got a message about not having a couple of libraries (I don't recall them, sorry). It was asking for version 0.0 and I had 3.0, so I simply made soft links to the ones I had and named them libxxxx.so.0. It works just fine, and the only thing I have to remember now is to kill esd if it's running when I log in.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00