-
Changing prompt
Hi people!
Well, I have a little problem. Not a problem, but something that is irritating me!
When on KDE, after Knoppix boot, I open a konsole. OK.
But the prompt is "knoppix@knoppix" (or something like that. I donīt remember, sorry).
The question: which file I have to change to display something that I want on the prompt, instead that?
(sure, I will remaster Knoppix after)
Thank you very much
Nelson
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi !
the default logon-shell should be bash. The shell var defining the promt is PS1 (there are some other PS2 and PS3, don't know when they will be used instead).
The default value for PS1 is "\\u@\\h:\\w\\\$ "
It should be possible to change this for the root's login within the bash profile for the root-user (export PS1="..." in file /root/home/.bashrc or globally in /etc/profile.
Also see "man bash"
cheers
Knut
-
Hi Knut!
Thnak you very much for you help!
Searching a little more, I found that on Knoppix, it's necessary to change the files /etc/bashrc and /etc/profile.
Nelson
Similar Threads
-
By abbynormal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
-
By Fiazle in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
-
By mover50 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-20-2004, 04:51 AM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 02:46 AM
-
By rom1616 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel Core i5-9600K 6-Core 3.70GHz LGA 1151 CPU Processor SRG11
$42.00

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99