You seem to have both a cdrom and a cdrw, have you tried both of them ?
Are they both ordinary IDE devices ? (not SCSI or USB)
I just burned Knoppix to cd and ran it on one of my computers and the response I am getting is:
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available
cat mount umount
insmod rmmod lsmod
this system i am using is:
400 mhz
98 megs ram
30 gig hd
56x cdrom
32x cd\rw
w/ 4 usb ports, zip drive, sbc dsl, 56k modem
this is a system i built about 3 years ago and runs windows 98/me prefectly!
When I ran the cd on my other system it boots BUT
the monitor blanks out. I then shut the monitor off and can see the desktop for a brief moment and the monitor blanks out again. But the propose off this post is for my first system mention above. Any help is greatly appreieated.
Thanks
BiggJeff74
You seem to have both a cdrom and a cdrw, have you tried both of them ?
Are they both ordinary IDE devices ? (not SCSI or USB)
both cd roms are having the same problem. both drives are IDE. also i need to metion that the processor is amd 400 k6-2
Strange, I guess I'd try it with the zip drive unplugged next...Originally Posted by BiggJeff74
The processor shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks anyway....I just put together a new system. I think there was a conflict with something on the motherboard but i had a spare gateway system and Knoppix is running GREAT!!!
Please the the other thread at:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4109
Maybe i got the solution.
*hades out...

1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON
$99.95
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00