well if the desktop was running linux with xawtv (knoppix comes with it) then I guess you could SSH in to it and watch.
Never tried it though.
Why is this in a linux forum anyway?
![]()
I want to access a TV card on an old desktop unit through a home network. Is this possible? And, how would this be accomplished?
The desktop is running 98se and the laptop i wish to access it from is using XP.
Thanks,
edited:
So sorry, I didn't even realize that this was a linux forum.
Whadadummy
well if the desktop was running linux with xawtv (knoppix comes with it) then I guess you could SSH in to it and watch.
Never tried it though.
Why is this in a linux forum anyway?

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95