-
Wifi Connection not establishing
I'm fairly new to Linux so pardon anything seemingly simple to you that I have overlooked.
I have a Windows XP home network set up on another computer and am trying to get the internet connection in Knoppix Live.
So far, as root I have tried :
if config eth0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf
After doing this I can see by my wifi card that part of the connection is established (it stops blinking).
I can also ping 192.168.0.200 to receive:
64 bytes from 192.168.0.200 icmp_seq=* ttl=64 time=0.1ms
However, I am unable to resolve any connections with websites.
Any help is appreciated.
Respectfully,
Exit[/u]
Similar Threads
-
By gnarvaja in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By deutschemonte in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Suzanne101 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By JechiD in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 06:49 PM
-
By poussin in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Microsoft Multimedia PS/2 Wired Computer Keyboard KB-0168 Black Tested
$26.95

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00