-
Wifi Connection not establishing
I'm fairly new to Linux so pardon anything seemingly simple to you that I have overlooked.
I have a Windows XP home network set up on another computer and am trying to get the internet connection in Knoppix Live.
So far, as root I have tried :
if config eth0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf
After doing this I can see by my wifi card that part of the connection is established (it stops blinking).
I can also ping 192.168.0.200 to receive:
64 bytes from 192.168.0.200 icmp_seq=* ttl=64 time=0.1ms
However, I am unable to resolve any connections with websites.
Any help is appreciated.
Respectfully,
Exit[/u]
Similar Threads
-
By gnarvaja in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By deutschemonte in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Suzanne101 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By JechiD in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 06:49 PM
-
By poussin in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$99.99

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00