-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix.Net Forums (currently having problems??)
I don't know if this is me, or if this is a (recent) problem that has arrose during the same time as I did something, but...
I had to gut my Knoppix v3.3 hdd install, just about three days ago, and ever since, I can't keep myself logged in to Knoppix.Net Forums anymore...
I used to have a "bookmark" saved in Mozilla for Knoppix.Net/forum/index.php - that was created "after" I already logged in, and everytime I used the bookmark, I was logged in, I could "bounce" in and out of topics, and other forums, and I was still logged in.
NOW, after re-installing Knoppix (this could be the problem, or it could be a coincidence with something else that has happened) - I have to go into the LOGIN for Knoppix.Net ALL THE TIME - I can't bookmark the login, if I go into a topic, when I come back out to the forum, I'm no longer logged in, if I post, when I come out of the post, I'm no longer logged in, you name it, I can't "stay" logged in to Knoppix.Net with my account here...
I have this site "open" for cookies, and also images, and even pop-ups -=- so I am saving whatever "should" be saved, just can't seem to keep myself logged into Knoppix.Net forums - which is a pain in the rump when I see a post that I want to contribute to, and have to LOGIN before I post, AGAIN and again...
One thing I have noticed, possibly a clue on why/how this is happening -=- I used to just have "http://knoppix.net/forum/index.php" on my web addy bar - now its kinda like that - except that a long string of "junk" is now added to the end of it - "&sid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" - it used to "NOT" be there, and removing it, doesn't help matters. Like I said, this wasn't there before, when I appeared to be able to stay logged in here, and even be able to bookmark the login so that when I came back to the bookmark, I was still logged in - anyone have any ideas? Is this just a setting that I forgot in Mozilla, or Knoppix????
Thanks in advance,
"can't stay logged in Cuddles"
-
Senior Member
registered user
You might have clicked "don't accept cookies from this site" when you visited it with konqueror.
2 things to try :
use www.knoppix.net instead of knoppix.net
try mozilla and see if that works. if it does try removing your konqueror settings ( in ~/.kde ) ie cookie preferences, and check out the cookie panel in the konqueor options.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hey eadz,
Any chance of getting "most recent posts" to appear on the homepage again?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Eadz,
You solved it...
It wasn't konqueror, never used it since I re-installed, it was that durn "www." part that did it...
I evaporated my bookmarks, came into Knoppix.Net with the www. in front, went to the login, and then re-saved my bookmark on the forum index page -=- no more "funny" sid= stuff, and I am logged in...
Mucho thanks Eadz, you saved my sanity ( unfortunately, what little is left, wasn't much to save, but the thought counts [giggle] ) -=- Thanks again,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 08:47 PM
-
By FuzzieBio in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:06 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 02:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99