I have a generic DEC21041 based Ethernet card, connected to a Linksys 5 Port Switch and a NetGear RH348 ISDN Router which acts as a DHCP server. Works great in my normal wimpdoze set up, in trying to move to Linux under KNOPPIX we have a problem.
Running the SUSE 8.1 Live EVAL web browsing works fine, same machine, LAN setup etc..
Running the KNOPPIX CD 1/03 CD, eth0 IS detected at start up, but web browsing and/or anything LAN related does not work.
Using KNOPPIX | Network Configure results in:
Sending DHCP broadcast on eth0
Operation Failed . . .
Under the KDE Control Center it tells me no LAN devices, just shows lo.
From lspci -v eth0 is detected, but no LAN access, no IP assigned.
Comments, suggestions on getting eth0 to work? ? ?
Thanks in advance.
lspci -v results:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lspci -v
00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133] (rev 02)
Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp. KT7/KT7-RAID/KT7A/KT7A-RAID Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 8
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133 AGP] (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
Memory behind bridge: e4000000-e5ffffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: d0000000-dfffffff
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South] (rev 22)
Subsystem: ABIT Computer Corp.: Unknown device 0000
Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 0
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE (rev 10) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
I/O ports at c000 [size=16]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 10) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at c400 [size=32]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 10) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at c800 [size=32]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:07.4 Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 30)
Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI]
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip 21041 [Tulip Pass 3] (rev 21)
Subsystem: D-Link System Inc DE-530+
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 96, IRQ 10
I/O ports at cc00 [size=128]
Memory at e7000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=256K]
00:0f.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 0a)
Subsystem: Creative Labs: Unknown device 8065
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
I/O ports at d000 [size=32]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:0f.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port (rev 0a)
Subsystem: Creative Labs Gameport Joystick
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
I/O ports at d400 [size=8]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:13.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies, Inc. HPT366 / HPT370 (rev 03)
Subsystem: Triones Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 0001
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 120, IRQ 11
I/O ports at d800 [size=8]
I/O ports at dc00 [size=4]
I/O ports at e000 [size=8]
I/O ports at e400 [size=4]
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX440] (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 12
Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=512K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$149.95
Datto S3P1000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 16GB DDR4
$139.95
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08