I found it best to boot with 'knoppix home=scan' parameter. All the settings are stored in the persistent home anyway and the "save knoppix configuration" option could be kept as a backup.
I've used the
and theCode:KNOPPIX | Configure | Create a persistent KNOPPIX home directory
in conjunction with all of the following on bootCode:KNOPPIX | Configure | Save KNOPPIX configuration
I know it's partially working since my home directory is in fact persistent, my desktop background is the right color and mode without image, and my browser retains the right "home" URL.Code:knoppix home=/dev/hda6 myconfig=/dev/hda6 knoppix home=/dev/hda6 config=/dev/hda6 knoppix home=/mnt/hda6 myconfig=/mnt/hda6 knoppix home=/mnt/hda6 config=/mnt/hda6
However, my desktop icons, which I renamed and rearranged are, upon boot, not in the order nor have the names I gave them.
...and yes, I save my configuration *AFTER* I made all the changes I wanted to keep.
What am I missing?
Thx
I found it best to boot with 'knoppix home=scan' parameter. All the settings are stored in the persistent home anyway and the "save knoppix configuration" option could be kept as a backup.
To include your desktop icons in your saved configuration, use the KNOPPIX menu on the Control Panel. The Configure/Save Knoppix configuration option gives you the chance to save your desktop icons plus any folders/files you may have added.
Just check:
d. All files on the Desktop (nnnnkB)
Been pretty darned confused about this myself, and I'm not sure if Rouskis and Robin T Cox are in agreement or not. I've got a small ext2 partition configured as persistent home. Now, what I don't understand, is this: What will "save configuration" do that's in addition to my persistent home? Desktop files, for example, should certainly be saved in the persistent home, even if I don't use "save configuration," right? What about the rest of "save configuration"? I've been trying to determine this through experimentation, but have been getting confusing results.
IIRC, when I did save configuration, it saved my settings including the network stuff for my wireless card. Saving to persistant home didn't save the network stuff but everything else, including downloads and documents missed in save configuration. FWIW, I used both, first saving to home and then save config, and then when I booted up the cd, I'd type:
. That got me optimal settings and all my docs and network stuff. I did try one without the other and something was always missing.Code:knoppix myconfig=scan and home=scan dma idebus=66 noeject
HTH,
Durand

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASRock B550M Steel Legend AMD Socket AM4
$125.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99