-
Logitech USB Keyboard Not Recognized
Hi, everyone.
I downloaded Knoppix and created a boot CD. When I boot from the CD, I get a "root:" prompt. When I press <Enter> at that point, Knoppix displays several messages on screen, then stops with the error:
insmod:insmod:insmod/lib/modules/2.2.24-xfs/kernel/drivers/input/input.0 failed
insmod:insmod:insmod usbkbd failed
I have a Dell dimension 8200 with a Dell/Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard (USB), M/N Y-RB6.
Am I supposed to enter something other than <Enter> at the prompt? If not, how can I get Knoppix to recognize my keyboard?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The easy solution is to use a USB > PS2 adapter on your keyboard. They're usually green and come with any USB mouse.
Similar Threads
-
By studisco65 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
-
By Quip Frok in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By tirrenia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 12:23 AM
-
By monkeyman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:51 AM
-
By Robert in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2020 A2251 2GHz i5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD #69
$260.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99

HP Zbook Fury 16 G9 12th Gen i9 64GB RAM 1TB SSD Nvidia RTX A5500 4K Touch W11
$1499.00